Web and Data Analytics
If you are reading this article it means that you would like to learn more about how data your digital channels improve your business. Setting up and linking a Google Analytics account to your site is the first step in understanding how users respond to your online activities. You might think that this is enough, unfortunately it is not so, especially if you are not familiar with the analytics tools.
There are useful additional analysis tools also free, that you may not be using right now. In other words, at this very moment you may be missing essential data that could help you to understand how to improve your business. Before we do anything else, here is a formal definition of Data Analytics by Avinash Kaushik Digital Marketing Evangelist for Google:
Web Analytics 2.0 (Data Analytics) is:
(1) the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data from your website and the competition;
(2) to drive a continual improvement of the online experience that your customers, and potential customers have;
(3) which translates into your desired outcomes (online and offline).
With Data Analytics collecting data on all the digital channels (and therefore also on the websites) of a company. These is useful data for developing strategies and achieving specific business objectives. When possible, large volumes of data are used to extract even hidden information.
Data Analysis activity that analyzes the behavior of visitors to a website by measuring and analyzing the data collected. Others main uses are:
- analyze customer behavior;
- measure the performance of promotional campaigns;
- optimize the conversion process;
- analyze the performance of your site;
- highlight phenomena related to the user experience;
- provide data for the study of navigation on the site;
- understanding the conditions of your reference market;
- help to make effective decision making choices;
- analyze the competition;
- understand that it happens in real time on its channels;
- understanding users’ wishes;
- changing strategy in progress;
- understand the dynamics of your business;
- analyze the historic trend of its activities;
- make effective predictions based on hypotheses as close to real as possible.
If you want to learn more about how the technology used by Google’s Data Analytics platform works, read the article Google Analytics Technology.
It is clear that Data Analytics is a strategic activity for your business. Configuring Google Analytics to get the information on your Website is no longer enough to set up a truly effective strategy. It is necessary to analyze all the digital channels used, I refer in particular to the social networks. It is also for this reason that in WordPress projects I use Tag Management System plugins, well suited to different digital channels.
Knowing how to handle data is a priority not only to optimize processes, but also to develop new products, services and above all to adopt effective strategies.
Almost all businesses, without collecting and interpreting the right data, lose time and money, and do not even realize it. As described above, activating data analysis with the Google Analytics platform has many operational and implementation advantages. Since data collection cannot be retroactive to configuration, it is advisable to activate it as soon as possible in order to accumulate as much information as possible on the traffic of digital channels that would otherwise be lost.
Autor: Nicola Lapenta
Photo by Stephen Dawson on Unsplash